Saturday 10 July 2010

BREAKING NEWS : THE ENGLISH WASH!

Well, I haven't yet, but some of us have. I baby-wiped my feet down, they were totally rank. I'm planning to have a solar shower this afternoon, but I have a feeling it'll be either scorching or mediocre from the heat of the day. Either way, today has been EXHAUSTING, just from the heat. It was super warm when we got up at 7:30 (late, I know!) and it was like a sweaty palm slap around the face, reminding us that it's going to be a flipping warm day on the Island.

The solar showers are really creepy, they just sit there, getting tepid in the sun, but hey! If they mean I can get a wash at some point, I'm not decrying them!

Lisa and Helen washed their hair yesterday morning, apparently it was a right sight to see, and I have no idea where I was when they did this (probably in the tent, I digress) but they inform me that the pictures are hilarious.

Instead, here are the ones I have of Charlotte. She is just amazing.

Zip-lining and gangster walk... I think that increases her awesome, don't you?

WE FOUND A FROG!


I took this
before, and just think it's super cute and a lovely picture. I don't know the girls in it, but if you're one of them, let me know XD


I'm really loving the whole vibe of this camp, everyone's together and no-one cares about trivial things. We all just want to have a fantastic time, and I don't think anyone wants it to end. I love how people come up to us and say "Oh, you're English, first time in Canada?" it's just great! I am really looking forward to just exploring some of the cities and streets of Canada, and being with our AWESOME group of people :D



Having seen that Nichola, Katie and Katharine (as well as Lisa and Helen) did their swim tests the day before yesterday, Charlotte and I and some others are pondering whether to do ours today so that we can cool down a little bit more than if we were just dipping toes and paddling in the water. We were asked whether we wanted to go canoeing/kayaking this morning and we asked if we needed a swim test and we were told we wouldn't get wet. We also said "we can swim, we have certificates at home" but then we were asked to just jump in the lake fully clothed and tread water to gain our little 'swim test' orange bead. It didn't happen guys.


Here's Helen and Monkey :D

Aaaaand Charlotte and Monkey!


I've started thinking in a Canadian accent, having been totally surrounded by them over these past few days. It's pretty neat.
I'm going to miss these little juice cups we have at every meal time :P


That's it for today now, really.


Thank you so much for reading this, I feel really priviledged to be the online reporter! You guys are awesome :D

7 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome too Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO JOKES. Loving that frog. :)

    Gerra wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi so pleased your having fun loving the pictures
    love to you all Lynn (Helen's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for new hats, not so yay for not having a wash! So good to hear your news and to see happy faces. Keep up the good work with the blog Hazel. We're enjoying having a peek into your adventure.
    Mum and Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. SO JEALOUS. THE FROG IS ADORABLE.

    ewwww I hate public showers.

    Pleasure talking to you today <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to see that Charlotte is having a good time some interesting pictures of her !!
    Paul (Charlottes Dad)

    ReplyDelete